This is a selected exhibition with the theme Hawke’s Bay CAPTURED in which there will be seven (7) named categories:-
Land, Movement, Open, People Structures, Things That Grow, Water.
As the artist, you select in which of the named categories to enter each of your paintings. There are also two additional categories this year, Sculpture Category and Schools Category.
The winner of each category will receive a sponsor’s prize of $250.
If, in the selector’s opinion, no suitable work is available within a category, no prize will be presented for that category.
The selector’s decision is final.
Additional prizes will be awarded to ‘Best in Exhibition’ and ‘People’s Choice Award’.
A further ‘Mystery’ prize from the sponsor J W Picture Framing & Art Gallery is selected by them and their decision is final.
THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY:
• Every contributing artist must be a member of an eligible art group or club within the Hawke’s Bay region. (Wairoa through to Dannevirke and all points in between).
• All works must be original; i.e. not completed under supervision* nor previously exhibited. (*Excludes Schools Category which is done under supervision of their Art Tutors)
• Entries are limited to 3 entries per artist including sculptures.(i.e. if a sculpture is entered the artist may also submit two further paintings.)
• All work must be for sale at the exhibition and thereafter on-
• Entry fee is $10 per work submitted and is non-
• 20% commission will be charged on all Exhibition Sales and 25% commission for on-
• All work must have a Hawke’s Bay component where applicable
i.e. Landscapes, Events, known landmarks etc.
• All paintings must be suitably framed according to medium and be ready to hang.
Unsuitable framing may be rejected at selection time.
A triptych entered as un-
The method of joining is left to your discretion but strips of white painted MDF would be a simple method.
• Each work must have a swing ticket showing: artist’s name, club name, title of work, category, medium, selling price, and for on-
• Prior to the exhibition, a digital image of your artwork(s) should be sent to;-
(Advisory note; Exercise care when photographing your work for catalogue and your on-
Avoid reflections by removing glass temporarily from frame or before work is framed. Size should always include frame).
Artworks must be delivered to:-
NO LATE ENTRIES, as selection follows immediately after receiving closes.
• All artwork remains the property of the artist unless sold.
• Sold, items cannot be released until close of exhibition, on the final night. No exceptions.
• Sold, non selected and unsold work should be collected from the venue between 10 am and noon on the Monday following exhibition.
• All work, sold or unsold, will be displayed on our website; www.arthawkesbay.co.nz shortly after the exhibition and remain there until replaced by the following exhibition..
Sold work will show a ‘Sold’ red dot when viewed.
• Unsold works will be offered for sale on the site, any resulting sales will attract 25% commission.
• Notice of any painting sold privately should be e-
(Phone only if no e-
Whilst good care is taken by Art Hawke’s Bay ALL RISKS relating to the artwork remain the sole responsibility of the artist.
Art HB cannot be held liable for any copyright infringements; the artist indemnifies Art HB accordingly.