Theme: Essentially Hawke’s Bay
Categories: Rural; Bay Folk; Outside the Box, inside the Bay; Urban; Kaleidoscope; Still Life; The Elements
Receiving day: Sunday 17 March, 1-
Collection day: Monday 25 March. Times for both these days to be confirmed.
Our exhibition entry form can be found here.
We invite sculpture artists to submit an entry to the MCL Art Hawke’s Bay Exhibition being held 21-24 March 2019, with opening night on Wednesday 20 March.
The final selection and winner will be judged at the venue by our guest selector Ricks Terstappen.
There is a prize of $250 for the winner of the sculpture section.
The sculpture may be on any subject but we encourage sculptors to have a reference to Hawke’s Bay if possible.
Sculptors may display a price on works for sale. Commission will be taken on items sold as per the other exhibition entries.
Entry is limited to one per person, with the dimensions of the work to be no greater than 750mm x 500mm x 1800mm high. They can of course be smaller.
Please email your expression of interest to Sheryl Eustace at firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 4 March 2019.
After this, please send images of 3 sides of the sculpture to email@example.com no later than Thursday 7 March 2019.
Initial selection will be made from these images.
You will be asked to bring your sculpture to the venue (the Cheval Room at the Hastings Racecourse) on Sunday 17 March between 3pm and 4pm.
You will be notified by Tuesday 19 March if your sculpture has been selected.
The entry fee is $10.00.
Our main entry form is located here.
The Exhibition now includes a special Schools category for students, to promote Hawke’s Bay’s young artists.
There are spaces for twelve art works. We are very pleased that entries are fully supported already, so are now closed.
We have invited Hawke’s Bay secondary school art teachers to select a work by one student from each school as an entry for the Schools category. There will be a prize of $250 for the winner of this category.
- Entry in the Student Exhibition is free.
- One art work per school to be submitted.
- The art work may be of any topic/subject. Hawke’s Bay related work is preferred to fit the theme of the exhibition.
- The art work is to be of medium size (due to restricted space) and ready for hanging.
- The art work is to be selected by the school’s art department.
- Students may display a price on works for sale. Commission will be taken on items sold as per the other exhibition entries – please see the entry form.
The exhibition will run from 5.00pm Wednesday 20 March (opening night) to 6pm Sunday 24 March 2019.
- Drop off time and place for works will be arranged to suit each school as some have a distance to travel.
- On opening night each school that has submitted a work will be given two free entry tickets: one for the student and one for the art teacher.
Please contact Wendy Roger at 021 08534085 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
We hope that entering this exhibition will give young artists confidence to pursue and develop their artistic talents, and experience in taking part in a public exhibition. It will also connect the young artists with local art clubs.