Brown Webb Richardson Art Hawke's Bay Scholarship 2019
Mary Jessie Sullivan will be running the Brown Webb Richardson Scholarship Workshop for two selected artists during Exhibition week.
Mary will teach encaustic painting, also known as hot wax painting. Beeswax and damar resin are heated with coloured pigments and then applied to a surface, usually prepared wood. Metal tools or brushes then manipulate the wax while it is hot or after it cools.
This workshop will take place at Mary's "Beach Road Studios" in Haumoana.
Check out examples of her work at www.maryjessiesullivan.co.nz.
Whatever your skill level, you will learn valuable techniques and broaden your horizons under her tutelage.
- The scholarship is to be called the ‘Brown Webb Richardson 2019 Art Hawke’s Bay Scholarship’.
- Two vouchers for $50 of art materials will be supplied by Humanity Books & Fine Art Supplies.
- The scholarship includes 1½ days of free private tuition.
- There will be one or two recipients (no more than two).
- The tutoring takes place at Mary Jessie Sullivan’s studio in Haumoana.
- Dates: Monday 18 March (afternoon) and Tuesday 20 March (all day). Times to be advised.
- Open to all ages.
- Applicants must belong to an art group associated with Art Hawke’s Bay.
- Applicants must be available for the date/time of the scholarship.
- Closing date for applications is Sunday 10 March 2019.
- Applicants are to submit applications, including the information on the entry form below, showing: Name, address, Art Group, preferred medium, 2 or 3 photos of your paintings and your reason for applying for scholarship.
- Recipients will be notified by the committee by Wednesday 13 March 2019.
- Applicants to mail the competed entry form and photos to:
Art Scholarship, Art Hawke’s Bay Inc., PO Box 2487, Hastings 4153,
or scan the form and photos, then email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To download an application form click the blue PDF button.