Art Hawke’s Bay Exhibition – Artfully Yours
Terms & Conditions of Entry
This is an exhibition, a prize winning competition and an opportunity to sell art, with seven prize winning categories:
Land, Water, People, Abstract, Art Unlimited, Plus Sculpture and Schools.
As the artist, you select in which of the named categories to enter each of your art works.
Two selectors will select prize winning paintings and sculptures. Their decisions will be final.
The winner of each category will receive a sponsor’s prize of $300, except the Schools category which will have a prize of $250.
Additional prizes will be awarded to “Best in Exhibition” and the “People’s Choice Award”.
A further “Mystery” prize from the sponsor J W Picture Framing & Art Gallery is selected by them and their decision is final.
The Following Conditions Apply:
- Every contributing artist must be a member of an eligible art group or club within the Hawke’s Bay region, or be a special member of Art Hawk’s Bay.
- All works must be original: i.e. not completed under supervision* nor previously exhibited. (*excludes Schools Category which is done under supervision of their art tutors).
- Entries are limited to 3 entries per artist including sculptures (i.e. if a sculpture is entered the artist may also submit two further paintings).
- All work must be for sale at the exhibition.
- Entry fee is $10 per work submitted before 1 March 2020.
- From March 2 to the 21st entries will be $15 per entry
Entry fees are non-refundable. (*excludes Schools category)
- 20% commission will be charged on all exhibition sales.
- We encourage artists to display Hawke’s Bay subjects, however this is not a requirement.
- All paintings must be ready to hang. Unsuitable framing may be rejected at selection time.
Double or triple (triptych) canvasses must be suitably joined and ready to hang from one point.
- Each work must have a swing ticket showing: artist’s name, club name, title of work, category, medium, selling price, and the size, width x height (to nearest centimetre, written on back of swing ticket).
Artworks must be delivered to: The Arts Inc Heretaunga (Hastings Community Arts Centre), 106 Russell Street South, Hastings, between 4pm and 6pm on Saturday 28 March 2020.
There can be NO LATE ENTRIES, as selection follows immediately after receiving closes at 6pm.
- All artwork remains the property of the artist unless sold.
- Sold items cannot be released until close of exhibition, on the final day. No exceptions.
- Sold, non-selected and unsold work should be collected from the venue between 1pm and 4pm on Saturday 11 April 2020, following the exhibition.
- All work may be displayed on our website www.arthawkesbay.co.nz, on our Facebook page or our Instagram.
Whilst good care is taken by Art Hawke’s Bay Inc and Arts Inc Heretaunga, ALL RISKS relating to the artwork remain the sole responsibility of the artist.
Art Hawke’s Bay Inc cannot be held liable for any copyright infringements. The artist indemnifies Art Hawke’s Bay Inc accordingly.