Art Hawke’s Bay Exhibition: Artfully Yours
Terms & Conditions of Entry
This is an exhibition, a prize winning competition and an opportunity to sell art, with seven prize winning categories:
Land, Water, People, Abstract, Art Unlimited, Plus Sculpture and Schools.
As the artist, you select the categories in which to enter each of your art works.
One or two selectors will select prize winning paintings and sculptures. Their decisions will be final.
The winner of each category will receive a sponsor’s prize of $300, except the Schools category which will have a prize of $250.
Additional prizes will be awarded to “Best in Exhibition” and the “People’s Choice Award”.
A further “Mystery” prize from the sponsor J W Picture Framing & Art Gallery is selected by them and their decision is final.
The Following Conditions Apply:
- Every contributing artist must be a member of an eligible art group or club within the Hawke’s Bay region, or be a special member of Art Hawk’s Bay.
- All works must be original: i.e. not completed under supervision* nor previously exhibited. (*Excludes Schools Category, works done under supervision of their art tutors).
- Entries are limited to three entries per artist including a sculpture (i.e. if a sculpture is entered the artist may also submit two further paintings). Only one sculpture may be entered per person.
- All work must be for sale at the exhibition.
- Entry fee is $10 per work submitted before 21 March 2021.
- From 21 March 2021 all entries will be $15 per entry.
- There are no entry fees in the Schools category.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- 20% commission will be charged on all exhibition sales.
- We encourage artists to display Hawke’s Bay subjects, however this is not a requirement.
- All paintings must be ready to hang. Unsuitable framing may be rejected at selection time.
Double or triple (triptych) canvasses must be suitably joined and ready to hang from one point.
- Each work must have a swing ticket showing: artist’s name, club name, title of work, category, medium, selling price, and the size, width x height (to nearest centimetre, written on back of swing ticket).
Artworks must be delivered to: The Arts Inc Heretaunga (Hastings Community Arts Centre), 106 Russell Street South, Hastings, between 4pm and 6pm on Saturday 10 April 2021.
There can be NO LATE ENTRIES, as selection follows immediately after receiving closes at 6pm.
- All artwork remains the property of the artist unless sold.
- Sold items cannot be released until close of exhibition, on the final day Saturday 24 April 2021. No exceptions.
- Sold, non-selected and unsold work should be collected from the venue between 1pm and 4pm on Saturday 24 April 2021, following the exhibition.
- Any work may be displayed on our website www.arthawkesbay.co.nz, on our Facebook page or our Instagram.
- There will be no sales from our website.
Whilst good care is taken by Art Hawke’s Bay Inc and Arts Inc Heretaunga, ALL RISKS relating to the artwork remain the sole responsibility of the artist.
Art Hawke’s Bay Inc cannot be held liable for any copyright infringements. The artist indemnifies Art Hawke’s Bay Inc accordingly.
[31/01/2021 – Closing dates updated, sculpture entry restricted to one – clarified.]