We are investigating holding this popular section again in 2021 with the aim of promoting Hawke’s Bay’s young artists. They have the opportunity of taking part in a public exhibition and to sell their work if they wish.
The 2020 Exhibition was to include the special Schools section for students, as in previous recent exhibitions.
We invited Hawke’s Bay art teachers from twelve secondary schools to select one work by one of their students as an entry for the Schools Category and the twelve places were quickly taken. There was to be a prize of $250 for the winner of this category.
The usual conditions are:
• Entry in the Student Exhibition – free.
• One art work per school to be submitted.
• The art work may be of any topic/subject.
• The art work is to be of medium size (due to restricted space) and ready for hanging.
• The art work is to be selected by the school’s art department.
• Students may display a price on works for sale, commission to be taken on items sold as per the other exhibition entries – please see the entry form.
• Drop off time and place for works will be arranged to suit each school as some have a distance to travel.
• Each school that has submitted a work given two free entry tickets for opening night, one for the student and one for the art teacher.