This is a selected exhibition with the theme Hawke’s Bay CAPTURED in which there will be seven (7) named categories:
- Land, Movement, Open, People, Structures, Things That Grow and Water.
- As the artist, you select in which of the named categories to enter each of your paintings. There are also two additional categories this year: Sculpture and Schools .
- The winner of each category will receive a sponsor’s prize of $250.
- If, in the selector’s opinion, no suitable work is available within a category, no prize will be presented for that category.
- The selector’s decision is final.
- Additional prizes will be awarded to ‘Best in Exhibition’ and ‘People’s Choice Award’.
- A further ‘Mystery’ prize from the sponsor J W Picture Framing & Art Gallery is selected by them and their decision is final.
The Following Conditions Apply:
- Every contributing artist must be a member of an eligible art group or club within the Hawke’s Bay region (Wairoa through to Dannevirke and all points in between).
- All works must be original: i.e. not completed under supervision* nor previously exhibited (*excludes the Schools category which is done under the supervision of their art tutors).
- Entries are limited to 3 entries per artist including sculptures: i.e. if a sculpture is entered the artist may also submit 2 further paintings.
- All work must be for sale at the exhibition and thereafter on
line. This does not exclude private sales.
- The entry fee is $10 per work submitted and is non-
refundable (*excludes the Schools category.
- 20% commission will be charged on all exhibition sales and 25% commission for on-line sales. If sold by ‘offer’ at the end of the exhibition the commission still applies. Please consider this when determining your selling price(s).
- All work must have a Hawke’s Bay component where applicable: e.g. landscapes, events, known landmarks etc.
- All paintings must be suitably framed according to medium and be ready to hang. Unsuitable framing may be rejected at selection time.
- An entry comprising of two or more ‘canvases’** must be rigidly joined together so that it can be hung from a single hanging point. A triptych entered in this form will count as one entry, allowing the artist to enter two further paintings.
- A triptych entered as un-
joined pieces uses the full quota allowed.
- ** ‘Canvas’ includes any and all materials used as a support.
- The method of joining is left to your discretion but strips of white painted MDF would be a simple method.
- Each work must have a swing ticket showing: artist’s name, club name, title of work, category, medium, selling price, and for online shipping information, the size (width x height to nearest centimetre).
- Prior to the exhibition, a digital image of your artwork(s) should be sent to: email@example.com or on disc/memory stick (returnable, if self addressed stamped envelope enclosed) to: D. J. Mills, 30 Shortland Street, Tamatea, Napier 4112.
- Exercise care when photographing your work for the catalogue and your on
line shop window.
- Avoid reflections by removing the glass temporarily from the frame or before the work is framed.
- Size should always include the frame.
- Artworks must be delivered to:
The Cheval Room, HB Racing Centre, Hastings, between 1pm & 4pm on the Sunday prior to exhibition.
- No late entries, as selection follows immediately after receiving closes.
- All artwork remains the property of the artist unless sold.
- Sold items cannot be released until the close of the exhibition, on the final night. No exceptions.
- Sold, non selected and unsold work should be collected from the venue between 10 am and noon on the Monday following exhibition.
- All work, sold or unsold, will be displayed on our website – www.arthawkesbay.co.nz – shortly after the exhibition and remain there until replaced by the following exhibition.
- Sold work will display a ‘Sold’ red button when viewed.
- Unsold works will be offered for sale on the site. Any resulting sales will attract 25% commission.
- Notification of any painting sold privately should be emailed directly to; firstname.lastname@example.org so that its status can be changed on the website. Phone only if no email connection –
06 844 4066.
- Whilst good care is taken by Art Hawke’s Bay all risks relating to the artwork remain the sole responsibility of the artist.
- Art HB cannot be held liable for any copyright infringements; the artist indemnifies Art HB accordingly.